How to Purchase Domain Name in Afghanistan
Steps to Buying a Domain Name
Purchase domain name: Let’s assume you have a list of catchy, memorable, branded, and short domain names, and you’re ready to buy. Here are the steps for buying and registering your domain name.
1. Choose a Reliable Domain Registrar
To get a domain name, you should first find a registrar that is accredited with the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), which is the nonprofit organization responsible for coordinating all of the numerical spaces on the internet. Mailchimp offers domains governed by ICANN.
2. Find a Domain Availability Checker Tool
The next step in your journey is a domain name search and should involve a domain availability checking tool. This will tell you if the domain you want, such as tinysgarage.com, is available or not.
Mailchimp’s domain availability checker tool can be found on the domains page.
3. Choose the Best Domain Name Option
When you’re checking for available domain names, you’ll often find that your first, second, and tenth choices are already taken. Some of the different approaches you can take when this happens are:
- Keep searching. Let your creative juices flow, and continue to search until you find something you love — or at least like.
- Choose another extension. If the .com isn’t available and you’re set on a certain name, consider the .net or .org if you think it will work.
- Reach out to the owner. Maybe the domain is already owned, but it’s not being put to much use. You could reach out to the owner with an offer.
4. Purchas Domain Name in Afghanistan & Complete Its Registration
Once you settle on a domain name, it’s time to purchase it. When you buy through Mailchimp, we’ll let you know the annual cost of the domain name as well as any available discounts.
During the checkout process, you’ll be required to enter your contact information, including an email address, to register the domain.
5. Verify Ownership of Your New Domain
Paying for your domain might seem like the last step in the process, but you also need to verify your ownership. This step lets you send email using the domain (firstname.lastname@example.org, for instance) and keeps other people from using it without your permission.
If you purchase domain name through Mailchimp, this process is simple. You’ll receive a verification email after you complete your purchase. Simply click on the Verify Domain button in the email and follow the instructions on the next page, and you can start using your domain to build your brand. You’ll only ever have to complete this step once.